In celebration of St Patrick’s Day 2017, Findmypast is making their entire collection of Irish records free for five days – from today until Friday, March 17 (6:59 pm CDT).
Following is the text of their announcement. Note the free webinar with Fiona Fitzsimons on Thursday at 11 am (CDT).
FINDMYPAST GRANTS FIVE DAYS OF FREE ACCESS TO ALL IRISH RECORDS IN CELEBRATION OF ST PATRICK’S DAY 2017
* Findmypast makes entire collection of more than 116 million Irish records free for five days
* All 116 records free from the 13th to the 17th March 2017
Leading family history website, has just announced that they will be making their entire collection of Irish records free for five days to help budding genealogists uncover their Irish heritage ahead of St Patrick’s Day 2017.
From today, Monday 13th March, until 11.59pm (GMT) Friday 17th March, all 116 million records within Findmypast’s Irish collection will be completely free to search and explore, providing family historians from around the globe with the opportunity to learn more about the lives of their Irish ancestors.
This includes free access to;
* Over 10 million Irish Catholic Parish Registers
* Over 15 million Census, Land & Substitute records including the 1901 and 1911 censuses
* Over 30 million detailed Court & Prison Records
* Over 33 million Irish newspaper articles spanning the years 1708 to 1956
* Over 7.3 million Dog Licences
* Over 24 million Irish Passenger Lists
* Over 2.4 million workhouse & poor law records
* Over 1.4 million Irish Quaker records
* Over 350,000 records from World War 1, the Easter Rising & more
* Landed Estates Court records featuring details of over 500,000 tenants residing on estates all over Ireland
* The complete Griffith’s Valuation
* Over 2.3 million Social History & Directory Records, including the most comprehensive online collection of national directories, dating back to 1814
* Indexes to Irish wills dating from 1270 – 1858
Free Live Webinar
On Thursday March 16th at 4pm GMT, Findmypast will be hosting a free St Patrick’s Day Webinar presented by Fiona Fitzsimons, the founder and research director of Eneclann, a Trinity College Campus Company. Fiona manages teams of expert researchers to provide Irish and British family history as well as running a successful probate genealogy service. Her talk, entitled, “Secrets to Successful Irish Family Research”, will cover strategies for online research, Irish customs and traditions, and collateral records to help “bridge the gap.”
New Records Available To Search
Thousands of additional records will be added to Findmypast’s extensive Irish collection on Friday 17th March. This will include substantial updates to their collection of Irish Society of Friends (Quaker) records, new directories, administrations, family histories, memorial inscriptions and more. Visit the dedicated Findmypast Friday page to keep up to date with the latest additions.
Learn more at: www.findmypast.ie.
Here’s the link to their blog with more details: blog.findmypast.co.uk/free-irish-records.